Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reading list for 2010

A year ago I posted a reading list that I wanted to tackle in 2009. The list contained 20 books that I wanted to read.

As far as my goals are concerned, I failed miserably. I only finished 6 of the books on my list. Those six are as follows:
Timothy Keller - Prodigal God
Timothy Keller - Reason for God
Calvin Miller - Life is Mostly Edges
Dave Peterson - Engaging With God: A Biblical Theology of Worship
Robert B. Selph - Southern Baptists and the Doctrine of Election
Mark Dever - What is a Healthy Church

I also read parts of Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology, but did not finish the book.


I do not find the years reading a failure though, as I read many books that I had not anticipated. Other books included:
C.S. Lewis - The Screwtape Letters
C.S. Lewis - The Pilgrims Regress
Bill Bryson - A Walk in the Woods
J.I. Packer - Keeping In Step With The Spirit
Mark Twain - The Adventures on Tom Sawyer
J.R.R Tolkien - The Hobbit
Mark Riddle - Inside the Minds of Youth Pastors
Doug Fields - Your First Two Years of Youth Ministry
Andy Stanley & Stuart Hall - The Seven Checkpoints
Les Christie - When Church Kids Go Bad
Dan Kimball - Sacred Space
Dan Kimball - They Like Jesus but Not The Church



....So my reading list for 2010 includes those books I did not get to last year, as well as a few tomes I want to explore this year as well.


Reading List 2010:
DA Carson - Basics for Believers: An Exposition of Phillipians
DA Carson - Exegetical Fallacies
Charles Colson - The Body
Ed Dobson - The Year of Living Like Jesus
John Glynn - Commentary and Reference Survey
Wayne Grudem - Systematic Theology
Martyn Loyd-Jones - Life in God
John MacArthur - Our Sufficiency in Christ
John MacArthur - The Gospel of Jesus
Stephen Mansfield - The Search for God and Guinness
Donald Miller - A Million Miles in a Thousand Years
John Piper - Spectacular Sins
John Piper - This Momentary Marriage
RC Sproul - Holiness of God
Rodney Stark - God's Battalions: The Case for the Crusades
Alexander Strauch - Biblical Eldership
AW Tozer - That Incredible Christian
Mark Twain - The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Cornel West - Brother West: Living and Loving Out Loud
Roy B. Zuch - Vital Christology Issues

1 comment:

Jimmy Proulx said...

Great book list. I posted a list that I wanted to accomplish reading this year but I am not close to completing it and books that were not on the list keep making it into the list. The problem I think for me is that I am such a book junkie that I want to read everything.