Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jesus Wants His Name Off Your Car


Man, this car astounds me. I can not begin to explain how much I loathe "Christian" bumper stickers. Seriously, whats the purpose? Do the drivers of these cars really think people are going to pull up next to them at a stop light and ask them how to receive eternal life? Certainly people aren't going to be swayed to the gospel by being cutoff by someone in a car covered with Christian and Republican stickers. Perhaps they'll see you pulled over on the side of the road and think you are witnessing to a police officer. I think its funny that the person has a sticker that says "Obama does not support our flag" and another that says "America bless God" superimposed over an upside down flag. Doesn't seem like they're supporting the flag either, but I guess they're exempt since their middle name isn't Hussein. By the way, I would tell this person, while the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, it is not the summation of knowledge. Perhaps its time to put away the Zionist literature and Chic tracks and pick up some works by Luther, Calvin or Spurgeon.

2 comments:

Seth McBee said...

Great post...and terrible picture :)

I couldn't agree more with you.

I wonder what would happen if this car saw a Christian Ichthus fish on the back of a car with an Obama/Biden sticker? Would they run them off the road?

Creitz said...

Great reference to chick tracts. I used to love reading those things because they were so interesting but I wouldn't dream of giving one to someone who doesn't have a clue what they are about.

I agree with you about the bumper stickers. uggghh.

Nathan