Monday, June 16, 2008

Internet Metering

According to an article in the New York Times internet providers may change the way you use your internet. If you are an avid internet user, you may incur more expenses or decreased internet speed. The providers are targeting those who use what they deem excessive bandwith, this being anything from 20 or more GB a month. So fans of MMP online games, music and video downloaders and streamers, and other internet junkies will either pay more or have slower internet connections. For gamers this of course means they will have to start shelling out more money, for a slower connections speed is not an option. All I can say is I'm glad the release of Halo 3 caused me to get out of the online gaming craze. Unfortunatley I know if the internet providers do go ahead with this, I will still be affected. I will not be able to spend as much time on Youtube for sure.

No comments: